Freedom of Information Request

East Finchley Informal Parking Engagement

Received: 24 January 2024

This request is made under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations and is submitted on behalf of Friern Barnet & Whetstone Residents' Association.The term 'documents' used below includes documents whether in written or in electronic formats and includes reports, papers, notes, emails, letters and memoranda.This request relates to the now closed 'East Finchley Informal Parking Engagement', (the 'Engagement')t a report of which is available a on the Engage Barnet website at Please provide a copy of the questionnaire and letters advising of it that were used for the Engagement;2. Were letters advising of the Engagement sent or delivered to all properties within the consultation area? How many such letters were sent/delivered?3. Were any letters advising of the Engagement sent or delivered to any properties outside the consultation area? If so please identify the roads in question. How many such letters were sent/delivered?4. Please provide copies of the aggregated responses to the questionnaire, subdivided into the relevant categories showing separately the totals of the various responses to each of the questions/fields for comment.5.Please provide copies of the internal reports on the outcome of the consultation.6. With reference to the statement ( on the webpage )' Overall, 22%, of respondents specifically confirmed their support, and it is felt that the further 29% who are experiencing issues would benefit from parking controls. Taking this into account would mean that a total of 51% of respondents' concerns would be resolved with the implementation of a CPZ', please provide copies of any internal documents discussing , commenting on or approving the statement.7. Please provide copies of the documents containing the instructions to staff/consultants given for progressing the development of ' proposals that would help to improve parking situation in East Finchley and the surrounding area' as referenced in the webpage report8.What meetings/discussions were held with Ward members with regard to the proposals referenced at 7 above? Please provide copies of relevant documents including any record of agreement of Ward members to the proposals9. Are the proposals that are now the subject of the new consultation ,'East Finchley Experimental Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) consultation'the same as those referenced at 7 above? If not, what are the points of difference?

Outcome / Documents

  • Appendix C EF CPZ Engagement_Paper Survey - Ref 11456845 - application/pdf - Download
  • East Finchley Chief Officer Decision Report V3 Signed - Ref 11456845 - application/pdf - Download
  • East Finchley Parking Engagement leaflet - Ref 11456845 - application/pdf - Download
  • Response (some exempt) - application/pdf - Download